Sunday, August 15, 2010

4 week Paintless Dent Repair Training Video - Dent Removal One on One

When I was pdr training Dan Ontrop, I decided it would be very beneficial for everyone if I documented his 4 week paintless dent repair training. So I captured most of Dan's important part of his pdr training stages. This video jumps to almost the end of his paintless dent repair training and really shows what's involved.

I want to educate the public about how hard pdr really is. Why it takes more than just a plain desire before you consider making a career out of it. And it all starts (if you are committed) from where you train and how long you train. I believe 4 weeks is the best option I offer. It allows you to really grasp what habits you need to obtain to perfect what you learn. So much to learn and so little time. I've been performing paintless dent removal for nearly two decades and I still learn new things as long as I am willing.

With pdr, you have to have an open mind and go at a slow pace. Paintless dent removal is an art and if you don't respect it, it will kick your butt up and down. Oh and I did mention, it's not easy? Nor is it easy to teach. I too had to not only learn how to do pdr but understand how to teach the art because not all students are the same. Matter of fact every student is different and there are different techniques for training different type of students. My step father was an excellent pdr tech and one of the greats but he could not teach worth a lick. I guess that is what really taught me to understand how not to teach.

Between this article and the video below, I hope this really helps you get some insight about real one on one paintless dent repair training.  Go for as long as you can and check your market and see if it's not already saturated.

No comments: