Friday, July 2, 2010

Tough Lexus Paintless Dent Repair PDR




Today I once again got my butt handed to me today doing a fairly complex dent on a hood of a Lexus LS430.

Access was terrible along with leverage. I worked some of the lion share of the dent using the glue pulling method but uncoils not get most of it out because of tight and trapped pressure against the body line. Oh, and did I mention that the hood was aluminum? Those who don't understand the difference between steel and aluminum when it comes to pdr, all I can mention is you are in for a treat. Aluminum is much more stronger and much less likely to react to your pushes the same as steel. That's another subject though I will likely blog about later.

I accessed the dent through two ways. I had to remove the grill and remove the rubber hood grommet that levels the hood. With some persistence and a little luck, I removed 90% or better in about 2 1/2 hours. Limited access kept me from getting this dent to a 98 - 100% pdr repair but as usual, I learned what I am up against when and if I see a similar dent on a similar situation.

YouTube Video


YouTube Video



YouTube Video

-- Myke Toledo
858-699-2054
http://www.denttime.com

No comments: