Friday, June 11, 2010

BMW Crease Repair Training




Dan was in his second week of PDR training when we started to get into crease repair work. This BMW has a few sharp creases that touch the edge of the door.

Now I am not going to tell you that I had him do the whole crease because I didn't. He did a good portion. His pin pointing is very accurate when it comes to placing the tool tip exactly where it needs to be. And that is percisely the skill a pdr tech needs when it comes to finishing a dent or crease completely.

In order for my students to understand PDR fully, I take the student on a few planned retail jobs a week. I don't have them watch, I have them work the repair. My pdr students can only improve if they themselves are getting real experience, in real pdr situations. Since most students plan to do retail, there is no better time to start than during their 4 week pdr training. Although, I don't just put a student right on a retail car, I train them heavily before hand at the training facility, also on real cars.

Performing pdr on creases take a tremendous amount of patience and precise tool tip control. Each push needs to be precise or the repair could end up looking like a zipper effect.

Our pdr training demonstrates how we help our students rapidly develop their skills and maintan a good habit. Each student is trained to become more confident so in the their real environment, they find themselves in already familiar territory.

YouTube Video


YouTube Video


YouTube Video


YouTube Video


YouTube Video


No comments: