Saturday, May 29, 2010

Ford Ranger Paintless Dent Repair Video

For anyone reading and watching this paintless dent removal repair I performed, I have to tell you, it was not easy. It took me 6 hours and 22 minutes to remove about 90-95% (In my opinion). The edge was jacked up! Any veteran pdr techs who have worked on Ford metal understand the level of difficulty it involved doing this dent. Of course I used heat to prevent the edge of the paint from completely cracking. From the beginning it already had paint cracked on the inside edge because of the initial impact.

Why I took this dent on was for two reasons. The forst reason I thought it would be pretty cool to test out my new camera rig - Canon 7D. Two, to keep myself learning and seeing how well I could get the edge out. Now I thought I could get it out closer to 100% but since the paint was blown already from the inside, I did not want to take a chance of it splitting any further. As mentioned, I used heat and a lot of it. I plan to talk about this dent in the Glue Pull Practicals dvd as well. Lots of awesome good stuff in there too!

This pdr dent repair tool me a lot longer than I thought and I could not get the same feel because I started too late and obviously finished too late. But I hope you enjoy the presentation of the video and perhaps learn something - even though I did not explain any techniques.

Take care and thanks for reading and watching. Please visit www.denttime.com for more info.

No comments: