Thursday, October 22, 2009

I Love What I Do - That's It.


With today's fast changing auto reconditioning market, it's important I keep my website current for all type of users, visitors and potential customers. I have been working on the new Dent Time site in the back end (Not Released Yet) for awhile now and I think I finally like what I have been doing. Very dynamic but not as flashy as my current site. Functionality is my goal and not too busy.

My direction that I am going with Dent Time will be a combination of my other sites I have built. Training downloads, products to purchase, videos and a full paid membership page that users can watch exclusive videos about pdr training. I don't have a release date set yet. I know better to do that to myself.

People ask me if I have a team of people that create my websites, produce my videos, design my ads, do my marketing and run my company? The answer "was" yes 3 years ago. The answer today is NO. Why? Because nobody on a consistent bases could have the passion about how I wanted my company to look, act and represent better than myself. Now sure, I can still hire a team of people to take over my tasks of everything and give myself more time to just sit around and do nothing.. But it's not about that. It's about "I love what I do." I love to fix dents, I love to market my own company, I love to produce and edit my own videos, I love to create my own websites and I just love what I do.. PERIOD. I can't help it.

My belief is if you are not passionate about what you do in regards to any job or business you own, then get out. Your wasting your time. Learn to be creative, learn to learn and you will grow. A business is not just about making money.. it's only a tool. Until most people get that meaning, they will always constantly battle the up and down motivations. You just have to ask yourself one question.. Do I love what I do?

No comments: